skip navigation

Mangels nominated for USL League One Player of the Month

By Chattanooga Red Wolves SC, 06/06/19, 3:30PM EDT

Share

Chattanooga Red Wolves SC goalkeeper Alex Mangels has been nominated for the USL League One Player of the Month for the month of May, it was announced on Thursday.

Mangels started all four matches for the Red Wolves in May, recording 18 saves and two shutouts. He was the USL League One Player of the Week for Week nine after his four-save shutout against Greenville Triumph SC, a match that the Red Wolves won 1-0.

Mangels currently leads the league in saves with 33 saves and is in fifth in clean sheets with three on the season.

Fans can vote for Mangels on the USL League one website (uslleagueone.com). The vote runs through Monday, June 10 at 12 p.m. ET. The fan vote will comprise of 60 percent of the vote with the other 40 percent coming from the USL Technical Committee ballots.

Mangels and the Red Wolves will be back in action on Saturday, June 8, as they travel to Statesboro, Georgia to take on South Georgia Tormenta FC. Kickoff for that match is set for 8 p.m. ET and can be seen on ESPN+.

USL League One Player of the Month – May

Alex Mangels, Chattanooga Red Wolves SC – Mangels recorded 18 saves across four appearances and recorded two shutouts in a strong month between the sticks for the Red Wolves.

Arturo Rodriguez, North Texas SC – Rodriguez scored two goals, added three assists and recorded a league-best 15 key passes for the month as North Texas took three victories in five contests.

Don Smart, Forward Madison FC – Smart notched two goals and two assists in four appearances for the Flamingos while recording five key passes over the month.

Jacob Shaffelburg, Toronto FC II – Shaffelburg recorded one goal and three assists to help Toronto FC II move into the playoff positions at the end of the month.

Devyn Jambga, FC Tucson – Jambga scored his first three goals of the season to provide a bright spot for Tucson as it had an up-and-down month of May.

Latest News